By placing a bin rental order, you’re acknowledging and agreeing to the following terms:
- All details must be provided at the time of booking. No changes can be made to the booking time or date within 24 hours of the scheduled delivery time.
- Pika Landscapes will chargethe bin rental fee at the time of booking, with disposal or material fees charged later.
C. Drop off
- The Client must send a picture of the Drop Off location, with the exact area clearly marked by pylons or added arrows/description to the image.
- Pika Landscapes is not responsible for any fluids spilled at the time of delivery.
- Pika Landscapes will use dunnage on concrete or asphalt surfaces or, upon the Client’s request, at the delivery site.
- Pika Landscapes will take pictures of the bin at the time of delivery to ensure it’s in good condition and compare it at the time of pick up.
- Once the bin has been dropped off, the Client is responsible for it until it has been picked up.
- Pika Landscapes will not pick up or drop off on days with freezing, snow, or hazardous winter conditions.
- Pika Landscapes cannot guarantee exact delivery times due to traffic or unforeseen circumstances.
- Client must ensure the drop off location is clear of vehicles or other hindrances that would impede the delivery of the bin. Should it not be possible to drop off the bin due to such hindrances, the Client will be charged a fee of $150.
C. Liabilities & Indemnities
- The Client agrees to protect Pika Landscapes against any liabilities resulting from booking, drop off, pick up, or any period of time in which the bin remains on the Client’s site.
- The obligations of the parties under indemnities contained in this agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this agreement.
- Only a Pika Landscapes driver may move the bins. If the bin is damaged while on the Client’s site, the Client is fully liable and responsible and consents to paying a fair market price for the bin’s repair or replacement.
D. Pick up
- The standard bin rental period is 2 business days. If the Client wishes to rent the bin for a longer period, they must either make note of the additional period at the time of booking or notify Pika Landscapes as soon as possible.
- If the Client wishes to have a Pick up earlier than 2 days, they may call, text, email the request.
- If, upon Pick Up, the driver confirms that there is new damage to the bin, extra charges may apply.
- Pika Landscapes is not responsible for any fluids spilled on site.
- The maximum weight that can be loaded in a bin is 7,200kg (16,000lbs).
- Any bins with heaped loads above the Max Load Height, or that are heavier than permitted cannot be picked up by Pika. The Client will need to remove some of the material and schedule another pickup time.
E. Disposal, Tonnage & Penalty Fees
The Client agrees to the following:
- The Client must only fill bins with one type of landscape waste, as mixed landscape waste is not accepted. If a client mixes a small amount of materials, they will be charged an additional surcharge of $85 for mixed green waste.
- A minimum 1-ton disposal fee will be charged per rental.
- Drywall cannot be mixed with other materials and must be date-stamped after 1990. Any bin with drywall mixed in with other materials will be charged a penalty of $150, in addition to other disposal fees which could total as high as $1000.
- Any bin containing unacceptable materials will be charged a penalty fee of $150, in addition to other disposal fees which could total as high as $1000.
- Additional Fees:
- Pass by – $150 (The instance that we go to pick-up or deliver a bin at the agreed-on time and place and cannot do so for whatever circumstance e.g. bin not ready, bin blocked by immovable object, bin overloaded)
- Delay to pick up Fee – $55 per every 30 minutes
The Client agrees to the following:
- A rental fee will be charged and is due prior to delivery of a bin. A subsequent charge will be levied after accounting for material or tipping fees.
- Total amount owing, including but not limited to disposal, tonnage, and penalty fees. Payment Due Date shall be upon receipt of the invoice.
- In the event that the Client is unable to pay their total amount owed within 15 business days, the Client will be charged an additional Late Payment penalty of $75.00 to their invoice.
- If non-payment continues 30 days after Payment Due Date, the account will go into collections. All current and future rentals to the Client shall be suspended indefinitely. Any additional bins in the Client’s possession at the time of non-payment shall be picked up by the Pika Landscapes without notice or appointment.
G. Governing Law
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, and the Client hereby agrees to the jurisdiction of any court of competent jurisdiction of such Province in any action or proceeding whatsoever by the Landlord to enforce such rights hereunder.
- Either party may request by phone, text or email the cancellation of a bin rental within 24 hours prior to the scheduling booking date: should this event occur, there will be no charges. Otherwise, a booking fee of $150 will be charged.
- Pika Landscapes retains the right to cancel the agreement for any reason at any time. In the event that the Pika Landscapes cancels the agreement prior to Drop Off, there will be no charges. Otherwise, the booking fee is non-refundable.
- This agreement may not be amended except through written amendment signed by both parties.
- Any article of this agreement deemed unenforceable, illegal, or unfair by a court of law shall be replaced by an acceptable article accomplishing the same basic goal of protecting both parties and their rights as they relate to this agreement.